A record-breaking Big Give, thanks to generous donors like you.
About The Big Give
Created to support nonprofits working to strengthen and improve our community, The Big Give is a 26-hour online giving marathon to help thousands of people show their spirit by giving to central Ohio nonprofits they care about. This historic giving rally is compelling evidence what a great and generous community we live in. The Spirit of Columbus is “BIG” indeed.
The Big Give 2017 set a new record for the community, leveraging $18,003,826 to support 906 central Ohio nonprofits. A total of more than 30,000 donations were received from 49 states and the District of Columbia. Generous donors set the pace early for giving throughout the giving rally—with more than $1.3 million flooding in during the first hour.
“We have just shown central Ohio at its best with this historic moment in charitable giving. We are exhausted but exhilarated after 26 hours that so many nonprofit organizations—906 to be exact—and the people they serve will benefit from this stirring outpouring of support for others.”
— DOUGLAS F. KRIDLER, PRESIDENT AND CEO OF THE COLUMBUS FOUNDATION
Your Donations, Amplified!
All donations received during The Big Give were eligible for bonus pool funds on a pro rata basis, giving everyone who participated the opportunity to have their donation(s) amplified. In addition, all credit card fees were covered by The Columbus Foundation, so 100 percent of donations went directly to the nonprofits.
BONUS POOL PARTNERS
- AEP Foundation
- Blom Family Fund
- Central Benefits Health Care Foundation
- Chlapaty Family Fund
- Tanny Crane and John Wolff Fund
- William H. Davis, Dorothy M. Davis and William C. Davis Foundation
- Delaware County Foundation
- Paul G. Duke Foundation
- Walter and Marian English Community Needs Fund
- Michael and Denise Glimcher Family Fund
- Hinson Family Trust
- Ingram-White Castle Foundation
- Kramer-Celeste Family Fund
- Lassettre Family Fund
- L Brands Foundation
- Licking County Foundation
- Marsh Family Foundation
- John H. McConnell Foundation
- Meuse Family Foundation
- Nationwide Insurance
- Harold C. Schott Foundation
- Siemer Family Foundation
- Seanna C. and Matthew D. Walter Fund
- Margaret and Robert Walter Foundation
- Robert F. Wolfe and Edgar T. Wolfe Foundation
- Worthington Industries
History of The Big Give
The Big Give was created by The Columbus Foundation in 2011 to give the central Ohio nonprofit community an economic boost. The four Big Give events have leveraged a total of $52.2 million for central Ohio nonprofits.