Arts and Culture
The Columbus Foundation supports high-performing arts organizations that meet community needs and expand arts and cultural programming in Franklin County.
Arts organizations with budgets less than $350,000 are eligible to apply to the Community Arts Fund. Organizations with budgets that exceed $350,000, but who have received grants from the Community Arts Fund in the past, remain eligible to apply for grant consideration.
The Major Arts Fund grantmaking program is comprised of the following 15 pre-selected organizations. At this time, the Foundation is not accepting applications to the Major Arts Fund from other organizations.
Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA)
Columbus Children's Theatre
Columbus Museum of Art
Columbus Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
King Arts Complex
Center Of Science and Industry (COSI)
Friends of the Conservatory
Jazz Arts Group of Columbus
Ohio Designer Craftsmen
ProMusica Chamber Orchestra
Thurber House Incorporated
Wexner Center for the Arts of The Ohio State University
Grant Application Process
To apply for an Arts and Culture Grant:
- Contact a staff member with questions (or contact a staff member before applying if your organization has never received arts funding).
- A link to the application will be available on this page approximately one month before the deadline.
- Applications must be submitted by the first Friday in March. View Workshops & Deadlines for the specific deadline date.
- The organization must have a primary impact in Franklin County.
- The organization must have 501(c)(3) public charity status from the Internal Revenue Service and cannot use a fiscal agent.
- All applicants will be expected to provide an annual audit or 990 as attachments to the online application; please refer to the Foundation’s Audit Requirement and Exemption Request Form and Major Arts Fiscal Policies.
For Major Arts questions, contact Mark Lomax.
For Community Arts questions, contact Dan Sharpe.
For technical assistance, contact Melissa McCool.