L BRANDS FOUNDATION
Considering that L Brands receives a significant number of funding requests annually, the competition for grant funding is rigorous, and they are confronted with making many tough decisions. As a result, they use a process that is thorough and fair, and leads to a wise investment, which ultimately pays dividends for the community. The L Brands Foundation’s grants focus on organizations serving the Columbus, Ohio; Kettering, Ohio; and New York City areas. First, the L Brands philanthropy staff reviews requests and forwards their recommendations for approval to a Contributions Committee. The Contributions Committee then approves specific grant parameters and sends its recommendations to L Brands Foundation Board of Trustees, which has final approval on all grants. The Board is comprised of seven community leaders from the central Ohio area.
Grant Application Instructions
First Step: All grant applications begin with your review of L Brands’ community support, found on L Brands corporate website. Navigation links to information about grantmaking interest areas, associate involvement, and more can be found on the website.
Second Step: Applications for the foundation’s two grant cycles each year will be available on this page approximately six weeks ahead of the deadline identified on the L Brands corporate website. All applications must be submitted using the online application process. Mailed or emailed requests will not be considered.
- There are two application forms:
- Unrestricted/Program Support
- Event Support (for fundraising events)
- A separate application must be submitted for each request. (For example: if you request support for an after school program, a summer camp, and a fundraising luncheon, you must submit three applications—two using the Operating/Program Support Application and one using the Event Support Application.)
- All applications must be submitted during the same grant cycle.
- Apply during the Grant Cycle that provides a Decision Date prior to your event or start of your program. (For example: if your event is in July, apply at the March 30 deadline.)
If you have any questions, please email the L Brands Foundation staff.