The Big Table is a day of community building across the central Ohio region on August 29, 2018. Join the conversation to listen, learn, and lead!
REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN A PUBLIC CONVERSATION
The Big Table® is a day of community building through conversations designed to strengthen and connect Columbus. Open, thoughtful conversations will spark new relationships and new ways for working together by deepening our understanding of each other and what our community needs. This year, The Big Table is taking place on August 29, 2018.
Any and all are welcome and encouraged to host or join a Big Table conversation! No matter how you choose to get involved, the important thing is that you do.
Join Us As A Host
Please consider becoming a host for these small-group conversations! Read through the Host Toolkit for everything you need to know about hosting a Big Table. We promise it's easy. Plus, it only takes two minutes to register.
This is a community-wide effort and we are grateful for your dedication and partnership as a host. Please feel free to share the link above with anyone you think would make a great host. Thank you!
Host Information Session
Join us for The Big Table Information Session on Monday, July 16 from noon to 1:00 p.m. at The Columbus Foundation (get directions). You’ll have the opportunity to meet other Big Tablers, ask questions about guiding your conversation, and hear from others about their Big Table experiences. This session is open to anyone, so invite your friends and colleagues to join you! RSVP HERE
Host Or Join A Conversation With New People
If you’re interested in connecting with new people, consider serving as a conversation host or participating in one of our public partner locations, including the Columbus Metropolitan Library or Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. More locations will be added soon.
HOST A PUBLIC CONVERSATION
Serving as a host for The Big Table is easy and rewarding!
As a host, you volunteer to do the following:
- Invite 8-12 people for a conversation on August 29;
- Find a suitable location for the conversation;
- Provide some food and drinks, ranging from snacks to full meals, to enjoy with your guests during the conversation;
- Serve as the conversation guide;
- Complete a brief survey regarding your conversation experience;
- Encourage your guests to respond to the brief survey as well.
Thank you for considering being a host! This is a community-wide effort and we are grateful for your dedication and partnership.
It's easy! Pick how you want to be involved in The Big Table from the options below. Click that link, and complete the form in two minutes or less. No matter how you choose to get involved, the important thing is that you do. Your leadership makes the difference and we are grateful for your support!
- Host a Big Table Conversation: cbusfdn.org/BigTableHost
- Host a Public Big Table Conversation: cbusfdn.org/BigTablePublicHost
- Participate in a Public Conversation: cbusfdn.org/BigTableParticipant
Feel free to share this links with your friends! Anyone can host or join a conversation.
Find helpful tips to create your fun, successful Big Table experience! The toolkit has four parts to help you prepare as the Big Table conversation guide. Download the full toolkit below.
- Preparing For Your Conversation. Explains your host responsibilities, offers tips on locations and refreshments, and contains an example email invitation for your use.
- The Conversation Guide. Helps you get the most out of your conversation with prompts, organization tips, and also the simple yet very important post-conversation duties of hosts.
- Social Media Tips. Helps you connect and share your #TheBigTable experience with others. While social media should be a supplement to, not a focus of, your conversation, it’s a great way to extend connections with your guests and other participants.
- Guest List. You guessed it, this guest list will assist us in gathering #TheBigTable feedback and ideas as we work to capitalize on momentum for future efforts.
We promise anyone has the ability to host a conversation! It's easy. To help you feel prepared, we've created an entire Big Table toolkit that walks you through the steps. VIEW THE TOOLKIT
Additionally, there will be two host information sessions at The Columbus Foundation (directions here).
While attendance is optional, you’ll have the opportunity to meet other Big Table hosts, ask questions about guiding your conversation, and hear from others about their past Big Table experiences.
We provide all registered Big Table hosts with a host kit! The kit includes items for your guests to aid the conversation and make it even more fun and engaging.
Your host kit may be picked up starting on Monday, August 20 through August 29 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Spread the word! Invite your family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. Our community will be buzzing on August 29, and we hope to make this the biggest Big Table yet! Share why you're excited to listen, learn, and lead at The Big Table using the hashtag #TheBigTable.
You can also stay up to date on the latest Big Table news by RSVPing to Facebook event and following us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and LINKEDIN.
Subscribe to The Big Table email list for updates and news.
We're here for you! Reach out to us at email@example.com.