Learn about the scholarship application, selection, and payment process and discover hundreds to apply for in The Columbus Foundation's online scholarship directory.
The Columbus Foundation's Universal Scholarship Application is the best way for high school and college students to apply for more than 100 scholarships listed in The Columbus Foundation's online scholarship directory.
SEARCH AND APPLY
IMPORTANT FAFSA UPDATES
In light of recent news that the FAFSA Submission Summary will not be available to students until mid-March, The Columbus Foundation’s Scholarships Team is working to serve donors and students while accommodating as many of our upcoming deadlines as possible. With this in mind, we are implementing the following changes to this year’s Universal Scholarship Application:
- The deadline for The Columbus Foundation’s Universal Scholarship Application has been extended to Friday, March 22, 2024.
- In lieu of the FAFSA Submission Summary, applicants may upload a .pdf file of their confirmation email that includes their estimated Student Aid Index (SAI). If the SAI cannot be calculated, applicants can upload a screenshot of the page on the FAFSA website showing that the FAFSA has been submitted and that their SAI cannot be calculated.
- Applicants may wait until the FAFSA Submission Summary is ready as long as the completed Universal Scholarship Application is submitted by March 22.
- Applicants are required to provide a short description of financial need in their application.
For scholarships that are not on the Universal Scholarship Application, please use our scholarships search for updates on application deadlines and requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Each scholarship is different and has unique requirements. However, the most common requirements are listed below.
- One-Page Essay: why did you choose your major or course of study (what are your goals if you are undecided) and what would receiving a scholarship mean to you?
- FAFSA Submission Summary
- Volunteer or Work Letter of Recommendation
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
Online applications for The Columbus Foundation's Universal Scholarship Application (available for more than 100 Foundation scholarships) are due March 22, 2024.
Scholarships with applications that are not part of the online application process may have their own deadlines. Check the Foundation's online scholarship search for more details.
- Each scholarship has its own selection process and guidelines.
- Selection Committees for the online applications due in March will review student applications in April and May. Decisions will be sent to students via email or mail in May, June, and July.
- Please feel free to email email@example.com with questions about the process.
- As a scholarship recipient, you will receive an award letter that contains instructions and forms to request payment.
- Proof of Enrollment forms are for the first payment request of a scholarship (or the only payment request for non-renewable scholarships). The form must be completed by your school’s registrar and returned to the Foundation to request payment.
- Registration Renewal forms are used for renewable scholarships and ask for additional information that will verify that you, the recipient, are maintaining the renewal requirements. The form must be completed by your school’s registrar and returned to the Foundation to request payment.
- If your school does not complete Registration Validation forms, you may send a copy of your transcript and class schedule for the coming term. Screenshots must contain your student ID number, full name, school’s name, and address for either the transcript or the schedule. Official transcripts are not required.
If you would like to find out about the status of your scholarship payment, contact us.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements to renew your scholarship, contact us.
Find more places to look for scholarships and additional information.